Sunday, May 16, 2010

Getting Digi with it!!!

....as in digital!! I needed a card for Will's preschool teacher - who is wonderful - and also moving away :( . The problem? I don't have any teacher related stamps. Then while playing with My Digital Studio over the weekend I saw that there was a perfect "stamp set" to use. School Days. I hadn't even noticed it before - granted there are 62 stamp sets with the initial purchase of My Digital Studio. Yep. 62! I KNOW~!! All at your disposal. Plus, they can all be resized to your liking, they can be printed in any color. It truly is a FUN program to use. And it's not just for scrapbooking.


Okay - so, I didn't have a stamp set to use for a card. How does MDS come into play? Well, take a look:




Above, I created my own background paper. I stamped the alphabet included with the stamp set (enlarged it first) on my page, then copied and pasted it until it filled the page. I printed it onto Not Quite Navy Cardstock, in Not Quite Navy Ink. Clever - eh?


Then:



I "stamped" the images in different colors and various sizes. Notice the b e s t image? That is what I used on my Dad card in my last post. I love the fact that you can resize these images, then they fit great in punches. I printed out two sheets of images - one that I enlarged everything quite a bit.

I know - that sheet on top is a little goofy - I had an oops when I had my paper in the printer and printed the background on my vanilla cardstock. But, ya know what - I can still use it - I think it'll become some punched letters, or some more background - who knows. Sometimes mistakes turn out to be hidden treasures - right Bonnie??? There is always room for embellishments!
Above is another sheet of background that I did on Old Olive.

And HERE my friends is the finished card:




It doesn't really even look like it's all computer generated. I think it helps that I threw in some texture with the ribbon and the notebook punch all curled up, inked up the edges of all of the circles. I am in love with this - the card, the software, the possibilities! It's not just for scrapbooking folks!
Do you want to see what all is included in this amazing program? Click here. There is SO much included, you can't go wrong! Contact me to learn more.

And don't forget - see this post to find out how to win some blog candy.....

1 comment:

JulieG said...

OK, I may need to look at this again...looks way cool...darn these blogs!