Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Pat's Day....

...and with that I'm gonna show you an Easter project. One that we did at my Stamp Clubs this month....


I found this cute little basket on someone else's blog, and now, for the life of me, I can't find the originator to give proper credit to....so if you know where I found it, please let me know so I can give credit.

Edited to add: Found the original design for this box - and it's super cute, so you need to check it out. Here's the link to Robin Merriman lovely box. It's so stinkin' cute, I can hardly "contain" myself!!! I didn't LOVE the Spring DSP in the mini, and then I saw this box - she made me like it - a lot!


This month, my clubs worked on the layered brayer technique - which is shown in the side panels. This is pretty simple, but a little time consuming. A little. First off - you stamp your image in Versamark on glossy cardstock, then emboss with clear EP. Next, you brayer on your lightest color - here it was So Saffron. Wipe with a kleenex so the embossed image turns white again. Then, cover up what you want to remain So Saffron with sticky notes, and brayer again with your next darkest color - here, Cameo Coral, then wipe again. You can do this a third time with another darker color if you want. We didn't - not on this project anyway.

The basket was created by cutting 2 fancy favor boxes with the Big Shot ( you seriously need one of these handy little machines!), assemble them, then sticky strip them together. Create the handle with 2 pieces of cardstock (I embossed with my Big Shot -see, very helpful), tacking one on each side inside of the assembled boxes. Punch the holes for handles. Really - pretty easy and pretty stinkin' cute! Last, decorate as desired. We used that adorable little chick from A Good Egg.....

Whatcha think of it?

No comments: