Monday, July 20, 2015

Blogging Hiatus OVER!!!

Well.....let's HOPE my blogging break is over.  I've missed blogging.  I've missed creating.  I've missed my routine.  

We have had a busy spring and summer, and I'm really beginning to feel that I miss the school year routine.  It's when I have something that's normal - an actual schedule.  But, I've got another month and a week to go before school starts.   So if I don't post one a real regular basis - don't shoot me!  We do have a few more fun things planned with the kids - and I am discovering that as the kids get older, the more running we do.  Between basketball camps, baseball and baseball camp, football camps - we just run!  Now that a lot of those things are over, we try and enjoy camping with the kids and just being together as a family.  Which also means, I haven't had much time in my craft room at all.  The room itself is a mess, and I almost dread going in there.  It'll be a good day when I can clean things up and organize!  THEN CREATE!!!

I have had a few moments to create some things and would love to share.  So, I'll try my best to get a couple of posts up here to share what I've made.  I'll be at convention this week - so will schedule a few posts while I'm gone.

Let's start with this card:


I'm loving this new Watercolor Wings stamp set.  I think all of the detail and the color combos make it super fun.  

This card was easy - started with a card base in Cucumber Crush (one of my new fave colors btw).  I stamped the little dots in Versamark to create a background.  Then added a die cut piece from the paper stack - Pretty Petals.  I used the new Lots of Labels framelits, but only die cut the one end to create the banner shape.

Then onto the butterfly - it was stamped with Mint Macaron - first layer was stamped off.  (it doesn't look very minty in the photo above...lighting issues!)  I went over the top with Watermelon Wonder.  I topped off my butterfly with a messy nest of silver thread and one of the new Classy Designer Buttons.  (LOVE these new buttons!)

To finish off the card, I added the Cheers sentiment die cut in Watermelon and then used Crystal effects over the top to add some dimension and shine.  


This card I used for a swap at our July Inspiration Night for my team members.  

Hope you liked the card today!  


post signature

No comments: