Thursday, February 5, 2015

Inspired by Shelli - Painted Petals from Stampin' Up!

Hi all!  It was a crazy trip home from Leadership - flight cancellations - yes cancellation's', flying standby with my fingers crossed!  Having to go all the way out of security in St. Louis to collect my luggage and re-check it, and back thru security (with an extremely unpleasant TSA agent!)  Only to get to Omaha at 10:15pm, realize there was a TON of snow on my van.  Not only were my doors all frozen shut, there was a drift up to the windows on the passenger side.  Oh, and let's not forget that I had flats on that filled with snow every step I took....AND I broke my ice scraper trying to clean off my windows.  It took me half an hour to get my vehicle cleaned off, into driving condition!!!  Wait.  I needed to get out of my parking stall.  I know my van well.  It doesn't like snow.  It doesn't like to drive THRU snow.  I had to shimmey my van around into the parking spot next to me, which was empty,  because there was such a huge pile of snow behind my van, and I couldn't get thru it.  By the time I got out of the parking lot, it was near midnight.  The roads were 100% snow covered....so, I grabbed a hotel room.  

But....I returned home feeling inspired.  One of the first cards I created since being home was one that Shelli created on Main Stage:

I of course had to make this "my own" by putting some of my own twists on it.  Here's my card:


As you can see, I kept the background pretty much the same.  I just shifted some things around a bit.

Isn't it just gorgeous?  It's best in person.  The white cardstock is our Shimmery White.  It's softly sparked.

This stamp set is so versatile - let me know - what have you done with the set?  Anniversary cards?  Wedding?  Would love to hear from you - leave a comment below!

post signature

No comments: