Saturday, February 23, 2013

Coming Up Roses...Stippled Blossoms


The sun is shining brightly today, and I know that spring is right around the corner, so I feel the need to "plant some flowers".  Since there is still snow on the ground, I'll grow them in my stamp room instead - courtesy of the Stippled Blossoms stamp set.

I used a couple of colors to create the flowers that you see here, using a bit of stamping off to get a lot of variation for my flowers.  I used Regal Rose and Primrose Petals primarily, for the bottom image, both stamped off once.  The top, stippled portion, of the image is Primrose petals - I didn't stamp it off at all.

The leaves are done with a combination of Certainly Celery and Old Olive.

I fussy cut them all - which was a bit of work, but I don't mind cutting!  Then placed them "in" the jar from Perfectly Preserved.

I added a doily, some Rose Red Seam Binding and some lace from Artisan Embellishments.

Beauty.



post signature

No comments: