Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Miss me??? :)

Hi all....sorry for my recent MIA. Life just gets busy ya know.....while I would love to have the time to blog daily, somedays it just doesn't fit into my schedule.....so here we are. My thought right now is that you should be seeing a lot more from me in the coming weeks. I've got a lot of stuff that I've been working on and would love to show you. So, sit back and enjoy the show!

First off -


I am on Day 2 of my Summer Card Camp. Didn't you just love going to camp as a kid. I can't really say that I did. I never really went to camp. But I did do some summer classes. One I remember was a sewing class at our local sewing store. I can't really remember the name of the store but it was something like Vanhorst's. Maybe my mom will comment and let us all know? It was run by a foreign lady with a great accent. And I'm pretty sure that me and another little gal drove her crazy. I recall that I sewed a shirt complete with pockets and it was adorned with pearliscent snaps. That's right = SNAPS! It even had some white piping I believe. Think semi western style shirt. Hey - I was like 12....and it was 1980something.
So, wouldn't YOU love to relive some summer camp life? Guess what? You can. You have until June 29th to sign up for this Card Camp. They send daily PDF's with great info. And videos. And the designers involved? To DIE FOR!!! Many, Many of my all time faves. Go check it out!

So, here is my first card with this week's color combo.



I used the sketch from this weeks CPS Card Sketches. All in all, it's pretty clean and simple. Would I have it any other way? I used some retiring SU DSP paper - along with some new SU paper. The card base is Pool Party. I was going to go with Baja Breeze, but these colors seemed to melt with the Pool Party much better.


And, check out this embossing:


I tell you what. My poor heat gun has seen so much action in the last few weeks, it's about to overheat! These new embossing powders from SU are wonderful. I held back for quite a bit before ordering them. I don't know why. This is Tangerine Tango on Rose Red cardstock. Stunning. I really could have gone without the purple on this card, but I think it ended up working okay. I'm not a fan of purple....I don't know if anyone can get me to sway on that one.


BTW - it is a Top Ten day here in Iowa today. OMG! It's rare when we can have windows open in the house at the end of June. There is NO humidity, the sky is a beautiful blue, and a mild breeze with a temp of 75. THIS is what I could go for all year!!! Helps too that I can sit out on the patio with my 'puter and look out over the gorgeous Iowa countryside and take it all in too. (and the wrens beside me singing so pretty...make my day!) This is the life!


TTFN people......

1 comment:

Contagiously Crafty said...

Your card made me smile! Your sign off made me chuckle. I like that you chose to be bold with your color.