Saturday, February 19, 2011

Some day's ya got it....

...some days ya don't!

CAUTION - HEAVY PICTURE POST! - CAUTION

So, it all started when I saw this card on Betsy Veldman's blog. I've been following her blog for years - she's a genius - of course she is - she's a fellow Iowan, and a Paper Crafts Go to Gal! She has it going on! I loved the card she created - so I thought that I would try to make a duplicate with Stampin' Up! product. Well - that proved to be quite a challenge. Like, an ALL day challenge! UGH! Here was my first attempt....



It's alright. Just not all that striking.



I do love the little bees that I used - so cute. For this card I used the Sale-a-Bration set Sweet Stems - for the stems and bees, and the Cheap Talk set for the flowers. I just didn't feel satisfied. Back to the drawing board - about 6 more times! Then I came up with this.





It's a little better. (ya - my photog skills were lacking and I cut off the top of the card. Again, (in my best Randy Jackson American Idol voice) it's just aw-ight dawg. But this one is probably the best one of the bunch. I think I need to go back and add a heart or some other image between the flowers as Betsy had done.


Really the only non-SU thing on this card is the felt and baker's twine. I am having a hard time using my baker's twine. I don't know why. I see it used all the time and love the look, but it just doesn't seem to speak to me when I use it?????



I couldn't find "the right" buttons for the center of the flowers, so stamped some (from Button Button). Looking back, I wish I would have heat embossed them with clear ep. I did pierce the center holes for authenticity. Also, I used my Versamarker on the inside of the button to give it some real feel.

I want to show you that I SERIOUSLY had to try, try again with this card:






So there you have it! Some days you just don' t have it going on!
Geez - it's been so beautiful here in Iowa - in the 50's which is unheard of for February in Iowa! Now the weather gal just said that we'll have THUNDERSTORMS tomorrow with winter returning on Monday with a vengence! Really. I was getting used to the idea that spring was right around the corner!
Okay - must get to bed.....
aren't you glad you stopped? Do you ever not have it going on? Do you give up or push thru it???? Leave me a comment...







1 comment:

Kelli said...

Jen,
I love this!!! You got it on this day for sure! Just wanted to let you know that I am passing along the Stylish Blogger Award to you! Please check out my blog for all of the details!
Kelli
www.kellistampinpad.blogspot.com