Thursday, November 18, 2010

Blast from the Past Blog Hop


Hi all....I'm participating in Taylored Expressions Blast from the Past Blog Hop. While, I don't have many of her stamp sets, I do love them. I love the art work, I love quality, and I love the coordination! They are so easy to work with.

I needed to come up with an Autumn/Thankful type card. I used the Tweet Hearts set, and using fallish colors, turned it into a branch of an autumn tree. I really like the diversity of this set. It can be springy, summery, fallish, and I bet I can even make it a bit wintery! And what I really love, are the phrases that come with it.


Here's a closer view of the main image.

I used some SU paper, and the cute little mini button brads. The sketch comes from the uber talented Sankari Wegman. I am smitten with this sketch and actually used it on another card that I will post later. About a month ago, I had the pleasure of meeting Sankari at my Stamp Out Parkinson's fundraiser. Not only is she talented, she is so cute and very personable. I loved chatting with her. While making this card, I could here her saying, "I just keep adding more and adding more," when we were talking about her card making style. I felt that as I was making this card. It seemed to keep needing something. Even after the designer paper, and the ribbon and the brads....so I added some faux stitching. That helped.




I used the rock and roll technique on my leaves to give them a true feeling of fall. Such an easy technique to add some reality to your cards.



And one of my new favorite sentiments! Dontcha love it!

That's all I've got today folks, I'm on the run!

Go ahead an hop onto the other blogs that are participating today!


13 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so sweet!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

I had a hard time with the swrilly branch, but you really hit it out of the park.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Karen Motz said...

What a sweet card and your bow is perfect!!!

Joan Ervin said...

I love the stamps you used today...the little bird is adorable and I love the swirly branch!!!!

Melody said...

Very sweet! Love the colors!

Dana White said...

The fall colours look fabulous on your card

Cyd said...

I swear I can hear her singing!

Ashley Newell said...

Very pretty! I love all the faux stitching!

Peggy said...

Super adorable card!

Taylor said...

Super cute, Jen! So glad you played along and I love your tweet hearts card!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Very nice card--I really like that sentiment you used, it's just perfect!

Chris L.

teresea said...

Nice card. New follower from Stampin Connection #276 - Teresea

Cindy said...

Very pretty card. Love the colors. You did a great job with your sketch! #271 following from Stampin Connection.