Saturday, February 27, 2010

Hi Little Birdie!!!

Those of you that have followed my blog for a while know a few things about me:
1) I love birds and the outdoors
2) I love Kraft paper
3) My new fave color combo is Taken w/ Teal, So Saffron, and Old Olive!

Here I was able to merge of my loves into one card!!!
One thing I really like about this card is all of the texture I was able to incorporate. From the stamped woodgrain background (which ironically is the only thing that is stamped!), to the grosgrain ribbon, to the So Saffron oval, and even the branch and leaves....

This was my first effort using that spanking new XL Bird on a Branch punch (in that fab Occassions mini !!!) It took me quite a while to warm up to the bird, but I've seen amazing things done with it. While I love birds (outside) I find myself struggling using them on cards, etc. Not so much here! This guy is a beauty!

Let me know if you have any questions! I've got major restless leg syndrom going on right now, so I really must end this post. It's a joy I experience during pregnancy! Along with the carpal tunnel, the snoring, ahhh, the pleasures of the third trimester!!! I just have to keep telling myself, only 6 weeks to go.......

1 comment:

Juliana said...

Hi Jen,

I love this color combination and had to give it a try!

http://a-stamp-a-day.blogspot.com/2010/02/color-inspiration-is-everywhere-part-1.html

Thanks for sharing your creations.