Friday, February 19, 2010

Back 2 normal????

...whatever that means!!! I don't know that normal exists on top of our hill here in Iowa~~~~ but, I DID finally have some stamping/creating time yesterday! It was a struggle this week as both boys didn't seem to want to nap this week at all.....and that is MY crafting time!!! I just need that release every day, and without it, I feel restless. So, when I got the chance to finally sit at my table, I almost didn't know what to do with myself.

Here was one project I did:
I love all of the great paper flowers I'm seeing every where. And since we were snowed in (once again) on Monday, and part of Tuesday - I was really in the mood for some flowers! These little cuties fit the bill too because they are nice and bright and cheerful! Rose Red, Old Olive and So Saffron - one of my fave color combos!
Some of those flowers I "sueded" - a technique we'll be learning in my Stamp Clubs next month! You can see it best in that Old Olive flower on the lower right.

The completed card is clean and simple - yet bright and perky! What do you think of it?? Want one of your own - they are on my Etsy shop!! Click the link on the right!
Be prepared - tomorrow's post is long -might as well grab a cup of coffee, tea or soda - whatever perks you up in the morning!!!
Jen


1 comment:

JulieG said...

love the flowers...getting spring fever here!!!