Sunday, November 8, 2009

Tin-sel!!!

Okay - I completely apologize for my absense! Geez, I log in here today, and see that this post was initially started on November 8th, and here I am 12 days later, finally with an opportunity to finish it. I recall when I started this post, I was falling asleep while I was typing, so, I gave it up....since then tho, I've had 2 Stamp Club meetings to prep for, my Christmas Stamp-A-Stack, Alex's birthday party, and now, I've done up several creations for a new gift shop that's opening in Denison, IA. I'm excited to be a part of that, the bad thing, I created, and created until I ran out of Snail! Eek, now I need to prep for Scrapbook club, and am hoping I can scrounge up some adhesive! Ok, well, here is the post that I initially had started......



Well, howdy all! I've got one of my favorite projects to show you today. I know that a lot of people ask for gift cards for the holidays, and it's probably the most popular gift to give and to receive. Yet, I always think - HOW BORING!!!! Well, not anymore. You just need to find some ways to jazz up that gift - and here's a nifty way:








This is a tin that Stampin' Up! Accents and Elements come in. You can also purchase these empty tins on my website, by clicking on the Shop Now icon in the upper right corner, then look for them on the clearance rack. Once they are gone, they are gone!




These are quite simple to make. I simply used rub-ons on the tin itself (last year my stamp club made these, except we heat embossed snowflakes on the tin - which was awesome!), made a cover from the Top Note die. That easily slips off to open the tin, and viola!



These were all made with retired paper and rub-ons, except for the rub-on on this ornament.




Isn't it more fun to give a gift card when your presentation is awesome??? I know the recipient really enjoys opening these.


FYI - these will be for sale at Chris Pridie's Gift Shop in Denison. Along with some for birthdays....too cha-cha for words (if I do say so myself!)
That's all for today peeps!
Jen






No comments: