Monday, November 30, 2009

Retro? Noel...

I know you all have been patiently waiting for some new things on here - fear not my fellow blog readers....I've got a lot to show you this week! While I've been working away in my stamp room, most of my creations have been given away or going to Splurge! in Denison to be sold. I've forgotten to take pictures of most of the items (ugh!) However, I did break out my camera and start snapping photos of my most recent items. Here is one that came together, somewhat by accident - I was at a total loss when this one started, but in the end....I think it's pretty stinkin' cute!

I used the Holiday Lounge paper - and I stared at it for quite a while, wondering what to do with it. I looked over my stamp collection, and thought that the Big on Christmas set would work well. So, I stamped the image, and held it up to the paper. Stared at it some more. Then decided what colors to use, and colored the Noel image with my markers (Ruby Red and Taken w/ Teal). I looked at it all some more...thinking...hmmmm...where is this going to take me? Glitter - yep, glitter - I {heart} glitter! (I know you secretly do too Karen! Especially on paisleys!) So, I added some glitter to the ornament image, decided that I needed to pull in some more of the red, so punched the scallop border. I turned the Noel image into a tag, rounded the corners and punched a slot in it....it was a good decision! The card was still missing something....so, I pulled out the Jolly Wheel - and that seemed to do the trick! There you have it!

Alright peeps - that's all for today....I do have something for you tomorrow tho, I PROMISE!!!!

Jen!

1 comment:

JulieG said...

I'm really starting to love this Holiday Lounge DSP!!! Gonna have to break it out soon :D