Sunday, May 17, 2009

More Bridal Showers...

I had a bridal shower to attend this weekend, so was in need of a card of course. The bride's wedding colors are red and silver, so I tried to incorporate that into my card. I love to use the retired set, Blooming with Happiness, for showers and such. The dress is just so stinkin' cute!
Here was the creation!

I also used my new Nestabilities dies for the oval and scalloped oval that I layered it with. It was the first time I used them, and I think I'm gonna love them. They work great with my Big Shot, and I like to have the variety of sizes that come in a package.

I used silver embossing powder to emboss the image, then colored in the flowers with my Stampin' Up! markers. It was one way for me to get some silver in the card. I was really wishing that I'd had some silver paper while assembling this card. The gray strip was embossed with my Big Shot too, using SU exclusive Texturz Plates.

Stop back tomorrow for a look at the gift I made her!

Jen

Recipe:
Stamps: Blooming with Happiness
Paper: Very Vanilla, Basic Gray, Riding Hood Red, Rockabilly DSP (polka dot paper)
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, Big Shot, Nestabilities Oval and Scalloped Ovals, SU Markers, Silver embossing powder

1 comment:

JulieG said...

What a pretty card! Love the silver! you're so darn creative :D