Thursday, April 2, 2009

Get Connected!

I fondly remember when I was a little girl the letters that I would write and send to my aunts and to my grandparents. I would draw them pictures, or even make them cards. My Aunt Marilyn recently sent me an envelope full of things I had sent her over 30 years ago. That tells me that it was meaningful to her - she has saved them all of these years!
While, in these economic times, people are spending less on gifts, it is still nice to give something - anything. My mom recently told me about a gift she gave to a friend of hers. It was a paper box that she'd made and filled with candy. She said that the recipient loved it and commented to her that it was so nice to receive a gift that wasn't purchased at a store, with the mentality "Oh, this will do!"
People appreciate the heartfelt effort that goes into sending a handwritten letter. It means much more than an email ever does. Do you know how much more it means when they receive a handmade card? How many people do you know that print out an email or text message to save for later reading? I have a stack of notes from my husband from our early dating years. And so does he. Not a one of them is an email.
This is the thought behind this month's Stampin' Up! promotion. Get connected with your friends and family. Send them a simple handcrafted card. Instead of going out and buying an expensive gift, make them something meaningful. How about a name frame? Or stamp a set of personalized cards that they can turn around and use? Make a cute little gift box. None of it has to elaborated or complicated. Just make it meaningful.
Click on the link to the right to find out more about the promotion! Contact me to learn more.

No comments: