Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Swirly Bird - The Sky's the Limit

 Hi all.....I've been dealing with computer issues for quite a while now, so finally bit the bullet and bought myself a new laptop.  I needed it - my old girl was about 10 years old, and had been thru 2 batteries.  However, I almost think it was just as hard to transfer all the files and programs from the old girl to the new one!  It took all day Friday, Saturday AND Sunday! It was a constant run, about 53 non-stop hours for the transfer alone - not including the hours of clean up needed first!  There are still some small things that I need to fix - like installing the gazillion fonts that I have....but I'm getting there and am loving the new 'puter.  Trying to learn a new operating system is a little bit of a challenge, but I'll get the hang of it by the time they come out with Windows 23. 

Even with all of the computer dealings, I whipped out a card today....This one from Swirly Bird.  It's a little bit of a copy of another card that I've created before (you can see that card here). 

I have a little funny thing to admit.  When I first got this set - I was not sure what this image was.  It comes as two different images so that you can stamp the stripes separately from the solid image.  But, it seriously took me a couple of weeks to figure out that putting the two of them together made a KITE!  Geez!  Blonde moment!
I used quite a few new In Colors - Dapper Denim, Sweet Sugarplum and Flirty Flamingo.  The background - so simple!  Sponge on some Pool Party to create a sky....then heat emboss some white clouds (from Balloon Celebration).  Top it off with your kites, kite strings and sentiment.  Finish it up with some splatters of Wink of Stella!  What's not to love?

1 comment:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Hey Jen. I feel your pain over the computer issues, I've been having them for a month now, and I still keep crashing. Oh well. Hey I really like this card and the previous one with balloons. Great style. I laughed when you said you didn't know what these images were when you got the stamp set, I didn't either until I stumbled across a card on Pinterest. Good to know we're not the only ones. Happy Stamping!