Sunday, June 7, 2015

Creation Station: New Stuff and Father's Day!



Happy Sunday all!  We've got a great day of masculine style, guy cards to share with you today and are all creating with some fun new Stampin' Up! product!

Let's get started!

First up I have a Father's Day card to share with you:

This card features the new Bohemian DSP.  I picked a "calmer" pattern from the pack for this card.  I'll be the first to admit - this pack of paper is a little .....wild?....for my taste, but I know that I'll find some ways to use it.  Here is such an instance.  I think this pattern works great for this card.  The yellow strip is the back side, and I'm really liking how they work together.

Unfortunately....I also don't have any masculine stamp sets in my collection (that are currently available to order).  I know.  I know.  This is a shame.  I'll be correcting this situation shortly.  So.  Today I opted for the little ties from Something for Baby.  Hey.  It works - right?  For some male out there anyway.....my Prince Farming doesn't wear a tie very often.  He's more of the tractor driving, farmer cap wearing kinda guy.   Hmmmm.....there's a stamp I could use - a cap that could have different phrase put on the front.  Alright.....enough of this talk.  Back to the card.  
I added a snippet of burlap ribbon - cut the edges off and roughed it up a bit, and I think that does it.  The sentiment - it's from Crazy About You set.

Moving on...


For this card - I used the new Build-a-Birthday stamp set.  Now...this set I'm diggin'!  It's so versatile.  I opted for some colors that are more on the gender neutral side.  (Tempting Turquoise, Bermuda Bay, Cucumber Crush, Pear Pizzazz and Smoky Slate)  

With this set you could create the same card in so many variety of colors and get a different feel each time.  Think Regals, Subtles, Brights, Neutrals....they'd all give you good color combos.  


One last card for you....


Again - with Build A Birthday.  And again.....using somewhat gender neutral colors.  I'm telling you - this set is versatile!  It's a must have.  I'd love to create a bunch of different sentiments for it. I don't know why, but while I was creating this card, I kept wanting it to say....Happy Birthday Old Fart.....or You're so OLD, I couldn't fit enough candles on your card.....  That's just all coming from my Sarcastic Little Mind....!!!  :)
Alright folks - time for you to head along to the next fabulous member of the Creation Station design team....prepare to be inspired!








post signature

4 comments:

Deborah Smart said...

Great cards, Jen! I keep forgetting to use the tie from Baby's First for my guy cards - thanks for the reminder :)

Dena Rekow said...

Love your projects!!! Can't wait to play with

Jenn said...

Just gorgeous as always Jen. Loving them all but particularly drawn to the candle design you've shared - it's just fabulous. It's been such a pleasure being on the Creation Station hop journey with you this last year. Thanks so much for inviting me to be a part of this amazing group. I'll be sure to keep an eye on your blogs as you move forward without me on your team.

kkstamper said...

Oh my gosh! These are super cute cards! I especially like your snarky "too many candles" card. I didn't like this set at all when I first saw it, but now it's on my "must have" list!!