Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Mr. & Mrs.


Hello Friends!  Glad to be back again!  Aren't you glad I'm back on this blogging roll!  It feels good.

I'm a big fan of heat embossing, so let's talk about that a bit today, shall we?  Specifically an emboss resist technique.


This is really quite easy.  I started out with a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock and then stamped the doily image in Whisper White Craft ink and sprinkled on white embossing powder.  Heat set.  Once that's good and dry, I used a sponge dauber, inked up with Crumb Cake (Kraft) ink and very lightly swirled it on.  I start in the center and swirl outwards slowly and evenly.  You can apply more ink and/or more pressure once you get the feel for it.  I like to start out light tho as to not have a dark spot and regret it in the morning!  I don't spread my ink out much past the doily.

Then, add your embellishments and elements.  Because I like the look of heat embossing so much, I used Pewter Embossing powder for the "Mr. & Mrs."  Doesn't it all look pretty swell together?  Hope you like it - let me know what you think by leaving a comment  down below!


2 comments:

walchowDesign said...

Elegant card! The both embossing techniques are neat executed!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning! I just adore that shabby vintage look...you've out done yourself!