Monday, October 22, 2012

Makeover Monday



Good day peeps!  It's been awhile since I've done a Makeover Monday, and figured I was due!  So, let's get to it, shall we?  Today's card makeover originated as a Dawn McVey creation.  You all know that I love her style and ability to put colors together.  Here's her card:


And here's my makeover:


I changed quite a bit, but not the main elements.  I used a Floral Frames die for my background die using Early Espresso Coredinations paper.  Then I embossed it in the Argyle folder and slightly sanded it.  I used the coffee mug and candy canes (only the straight portion obviously) from Scentsational Seasons.  I stamped the diamond pattern from Border Banter to mimic the argyle pattern that I embossed. This was really pretty easy to put together.  I did move my sentiment down to the bottom as it fit perfectly.

Things I might do different next time:  glitter the snowflake on the mug, not forget the steam image, stamp a background image in Versamark in all that "white space" at the top.  If SU had a smaller scallop die that would fit behind the circle, I think that would look better.

All in all tho....not bad - eh?  Is there a card that you've seen in blogland that you'd love to seen made over using only Stampin' Up! products?  If so, email me and I'll include it on Makeover Monday!

1 comment:

Bev Gomez said...

Hey Jen, I like your card better actually so great job! Hugs, Bev