Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Me + My Digital Studio = FUN!


Did you know that My Digital Studio is compatible with other digi embellishments and papers out on the market? I know that Stampin' Up! has a TON of embellies and such, but I was looking for some more things like doilies and flowers and pennants and what not. So, I went for a search. I landed at Two Peas in a Bucket and bought a couple of digi packages. I didn't want to get a lot for fear that they wouldn't be compatible. I wasn't going to be overly sad if I was out $4, so took the plunge. I also spent the weekend searching for some online digital scrapbooking classes to educate myself a little more. Well, in my research, I noticed that those classes all seem to revolve around Photoshop in some way, shape, or form. I HAVE Photoshop, I use it to edit my photos. But, I have to tell you this. My Digital Studio is BY FAR much easier to use and manipulate. Stampin' Up! thought of all of us when they developed this program. I really appreciate the ease of use of MDS. And I'm sure that I could TRY to learn Photoshop a little more, but for the cost of the online classes, no thanks! I could have paid for MDS 3 times over. Plus, it's pretty darn self explanitory to use, and if you get stuck - I'm just a phone call away! I'll help you, walk you thru issues, for FREE! I am your tech support. And if I don't know the answers, Stampin' Up! has great helpers that will help too - for FREE!

That page above I made in MDS. Most of the elements are from another source. The background paper is SU, but it was quite easy to add those other items in. The page below is almost all SU. I am diggin' the new tapes they have available. So real looking, and such a fun touch. While I still like a "real" scrapbook page, I am falling very quickly in love with digi scrapping. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get more pages done before my kids graduate - which is 12 years from now. But at this rate, I'm already 5 years behind!!! :)




Keep in mind - today is the last day to sign up as a demonstrator and receive a 30% off discount on the Digital Starter Kit! Don't delay any longer! Contact me and I can guide you thru the sign up process!

2 comments:

Cyndi G said...

Cute pages Jen. I used the MDS to create a slideshow for our daughter's wedding this weekend and had tons of compliments on it. Think I might send it in to have a keepsake book made for them. Also used the MDS for the invites and programs - easy to use and creativity is only limited by one's imagination.
P.S. Noticed a typo on your Christmas page ... you probably want Christmas 2010. :)

Unknown said...

You are right Cindy - 2010....maybe I should duplicate it and be a year ahead of schedule instead of 5 years behind!