Thursday, July 29, 2010

Lazy Days of Summer????

...that is NOT why I've disappeared! Things here have been so incredibly busy, I'm beginning to feel my head spinning! It's like I don't know which way to turn next! I do not know who coined the phrase, "Lazy days of Summer," but they couldn't be more wrong! Running kids to swimming lessons, painting within the house, Aubrie's baptism, vacation to Denver....it's been a full July, and now that August is here, I almost feel relieved! I think there is time to relax a bit....but I'll wait and see what it brings! Right now, I've got 3 suitcases of laundry to do!!!

In the meantime....I meant to have some of these blog posts done before we left for vacation, but it's one of those things that had to get pushed to the back burner....

Anywaaaayy.... I participated in a group swap, and the stamp set I chose to use was Apple Blossoms, one of the Level One Hostess Sets. I love the graphic images in this set. I wasn't sure
what colors I wanted to use, so I played eeny, meeny, miney, mo with my new Color Coach, and
came up with Marina Mist, Old Olive and Cajun Craze.....just a little out of my comfort zone.

Needless to say, the colors do work well together.


You can see here how I stamped the little sentiment. It was not how I planned, but I made it work.....

And this is one of my new fave ribbon techniques. It's like it just gets puddled onto the card. Kinda like a flirty prom dress or some long curtains that puddle onto the floor....

Well, as my life gets settled back into a somewhat normal routine, I'll be back more often! I think I'm more ready for Will to get back to school so that we get back to a more scheduled day! I like routine!
Alrighty - that's all for today folks, I hear the laundry room calling my name. Has anyone developed a laundry FOLDING machine yet?
TTFN!


No comments: