Thursday, May 27, 2010

Gift Tins....


Remember the card in my previous post showing you the card that I made for Will's teacher? Well, this is the gift tin that I made to go with it. And - yep - you are seeing that right - another BOW! a real life bow - can you believe it? I just might get the hang of this bow tying thing one day! These tins were on the clearance rack at Stampin' Up! and I'm just about out of them - I had 30 at one point!!! The patterned paper is retired - Blueberry Maine. The stamp is from the Oval All set.

And check out the inside:



I used an oval die cut, folded part of it back and then glued the edges down to make a pocket for a gift card, added a button for some interest and called it good. I think I should have done some faux stitching around the edge of the pocket to help define it - what do you think??? Yea or nay?

Then, I made another one for the teacher's aid:


This DSP came from some more retired paper that I dug up - can't remember the name of it, but it's not even that old....I have been reorganizing my papers, and trying to figure out what to do with a bunch of my DSP....my new bright idea - don't hoard it!!! Yah - right!!! Like THAT will happen!

The stars have been spritzed with Vanilla Smooch - very fitting I thought. The Thanks for Owl you do phrase, well that really comes into play on the inside of the tin:




Those little owls are so cute! Very studious looking. Again, I think I should have faux stitched the edge of the pocket.

Here is a matching card that I whipped up:

Okey doke - that's all for today. Don't forget to enter my little contest - time is running out! Find the deets here.
TTFN

No comments: