Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tag Box...

....are you wondering just what a tag box is? I was when I first heard it. Well today, Splitcoast had a Technique Challenge (they do every Monday apparently) to make a Tag Box. I was quite curious, so checked it out. It's a little box made from shipping tags, and if you don't have shipping tags, not a prob - just make a couple. The directions are on Splitcoast - just go to the lower right hand side of their home page, and click on Monday: Try a New Technique under the Weekly Challenges headline. Then, click on the challenge for 12/7/09.

I did absolutely no stamping for this one. And it went together very easily and quickly.


For my focal image I used the snowflake punch to punch two snowflakes out of vellum cardstock. (this is one of my new fave things to do, if you haven't noticed!) I used my 2 Way Glue Pen all over the top snowflake and then sprinkled it with Dazzling Diamonds. I should warn you that this WILL cause your vellum snowflake to curl up. In some cases, I'm okay with this - but in this case I wasn't thrilled with it. So, I used some more 2 way glue, and stuck it down to the snowflake under it. FYI - they aren't lined up on purpose! I then layed the entire snowflake bundle on it's front, being careful not to bend any "arms" of the snowflakes, and put some weight on it for a while so it would flatten back out.
The rest is pretty self explanitory. Just paper, and ribbon!

This was a very simple project - and QUICK!!! I will be using these for my mail lady with some specialty cocoa and yummy marshmallows tucked into it. (Kris-don't tell your mom ahead of time!! Should I stick one in my mailbox for you and Zoey too??? I'm sure she'd deliver it to you!)

Okay peeps - that's all for today - Jay Leno is distracting me - I must go now!!!!

Jen

2 comments:

Kris B~ said...

Jen~that is super cute!!! And I will not tell MOM!! :)

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for December 10. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/