Sunday, December 13, 2009

A birthday card???

Yes, a birthday card right smack in the middle of the Christmas season....don't fret my blog peeps - I'll have more Christmas stuff coming up for you. What I'd really like to show you is the awesome NEW SU! things that I've been playing with. But, unfortunately, they are items that I've submitted to Paper Crafts to *crossing fingers* try and get published. So, now I need to come up with some other items to show you some of the new and awesome things SU! has coming out in January. I will tell you that the clear mount system ROCKS!!! I can't tell you how much easier it is to stamp. I'm going to feel bad for my wood mount stamps, because I have a feeling they are going to get neglected...poor things!

Alrighty - you came here to see a creation right? Here you go:


I had fun developing this card - I took the background piece (Certainly Celery), ran it thru the Big Shot using the Polka Dot Texturz pad. Then, I used a small paintbrush and brushed some Frost White Shimmer Paint onto the raised polka dots. The cupcakes were stamped with Stazon (my favorite black ink), then colored with watercolor crayons. Again, I used the paintbrush and shimmer paint to do the frosting - which just turned out so cool - I loved it! FYI - the shimmer paints are only available until January 4th - you NEED this stuff, you really do. So, to order some - go to my SU! website and click on the shop now link at the top right corner. The cupcake image was cut out using the circle cutter, and the Melon Mambo scalloped circle was cut with the Big Shot and the large scalloped circle die.


I stamped the Wish Big stamp ( not SU) and layered it onto Chocolate Chip, then put a ribbon on it to make it appear to be a tag. I think that's it....it was really pretty quick to throw together. The Crazy for Cupcakes set is one of my favorite for birthdays - I just wish it was clear mount now, but I'll deal!

Okay - that's it for today....the baby is kicking, and I've got restless legs, so must move them.....

Thanks for stopping by!
Jen

No comments: