Thursday, June 2, 2016

CAS(E) this Sketch Guest Designer!




I am beyond thrilled to be a guest designer over at the CAS(E) this Sketch blog!!!  This week there is a great sketch, and I had several ideas come to mind for this one.  But this card won over the other ideas that I had.

First up, the sketch:

There are just so many things you can do with this....I may post other ideas later this week before the sketch challenge is over. 

For now - this is it:

I've used a couple of the new Stampin' Up! In Colors - 2016-17.  The card base is made with the new Emerald Envy, and I also used that for the green in my rainbow.  The blue in the rainbow is Dapper Denim and the purple.....Sweet Sugarplum.  The other colors in my rainbow - Watermelon Wonder and Daffodil Delight.  Together, all of these colors made THEE perfect collection of a rainbow.  And where they blended together, the mixed in the most delightful way - absolutely no "muddy" colors at all!


Now - don't be too disappointed.   The stamp set and die are not from Stampin' Up!  I tried to make it work... but I went for this new Mini Make it Market kit from Papertrey Ink.  You could easily substitute this with the Over the Rainbow set from Stampin' Up! but I thought it had a child-like feel to it, and I wanted to send this card to a church member that just found out she has breast cancer.  So, I wanted a much more adult feel, and this just works so well. 

Lastly, I added some clear sequins in to mimic raindrops.

I hope that you enjoy this card - and am very thankful that CAS(E) this Sketch asked me to be their guest!  It was my honor!!!




Product List

6 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Congratulations on guest designing for CAS(E) This Sketch! Your card is beautiful! I love the watercolouring on the background! Great take on the sketch!

Susi said...

Congrats on your Guest Design Team spot! Your watercoloured "rainbow" is lovely and a perfect choice for the sketch!

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful take on the sketch, Jen! Love your painted rainbow!

Michelle said...

We're so lucky to have you along as a guest designer this week! This is a beautiful card, and I'm sure your friend will appreciate it. :-)

Jen Mitchell said...

This is such a fantastic take on the sketch! I love the wash of rainbow colors!

Darnell said...

Your card is excellent for the sketch, Jen! Congratulations on guest designing!! Hugs, Darnell