Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Praises and Phrases


Heyya! Decided I needed to play along with another sketch challenge this week.  So, I looked to the sketch over at Retro Sketches.  They always have great sketches that challenge me!

Here's the sketch: 

I followed the sketch pretty much "word for word"!  Instead of using paper for the stripes tho - I used watercolor to create a wash of stripes.  I went for somewhat beachy tones - anyone else ready to hit the beach?  Plus - I thought the colors went well with the sentiment (Praises and Phrases from Papertrey Ink).


I used gold embossing for the main portion of the sentiment and then stamped the little words in Calypso Coral.  

I wasn't sure that this card was "done" - however, I posted it over on Instagram and my Facebook page - I've been assured it's done....what do you think?  Does it need something else???  Let me know if the comments below.

Supplies Used
Product List

No comments: