Sunday, November 2, 2014

Creation Station: Gift Cards!



Happy Sunday everyone!  It's time for some great inspiration from the Creation Station Design Team.  This week we're focusing on the Seasonally Scattered Stamp Set, and all things regarding the giving of Gift Cards.

I'm focusing on Gift Cards today.  While I personally love a good gift card, they do seem a tad impersonal.  Therefore, I really like to dress up a package that I'll be gifting the card in.  It helps "jazz" up the gift.  

I always love to decorate these tins - I believe they are technically cd tins, without the cd holder inside....  I've got a stash of them that I've ordered from some webstore that I wish I could remember the name of.  :) 

I used All is Calm DSP.  I simply trace the tin onto the back of the paper I'm going to use and cut it out.  I adhere it with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.  For the front, I cut the paper in two to add some contrast, then I use a ribbon as a sort of belly band.  (the recipient just needs to slide the ribbon off to get to the goods)  For this one, I added some jingle bells and extra strands of Lost Lagoon ribbon.

The star was stamped and heat embossed in silver with a Bright & Beautiful stamp.

It's important to complete the inside of these tins.  I've kept this one rather simple:



I cut an envelope with our Gift Card Envelope die, and adhered it to the inside.  Added a button and a little Joy.... was enough for me!


I was going to create a gift card holder using our Gift Card Enclosure envies, but it just took on a mind of it's own, and this is what I did instead! 

Can you say PERFECT for teacher gifts or neighbor gifts.....loving this idea!  I'll be making a ton of these bad boys!

My last project today is something that my Stamp Club gals made.  A fun Gift Card holder - shaker card.  This uses our Gift Card Die too.  



I stamped the images from White Christmas, coloring in the cardinal and snowman - it helped add a pop of color.  I used an aqua painter filled with rubbing alcohol and a Soft Sky ink pad to create a sky.  The rubbing alcohol helps that ink dry faster and then your paper doesn't warp so bad.

I hope that I've helped get your creative juices flowing.  And just so you'll be further inspired, you'll want to continue on our hop using the buttons below!  

Enjoy your Sunday!



post signature

2 comments:

Becca said...

I love the shaker with the scene in it! Also, going to have to buy a pack of those gift card enclosures. I keep forgetting!

You may want to check your buttons - they aren't working for me, just opening up the picture file for the button artwork! ;)

Thanks for sharing these awesome ideas.

kkstamper said...

Jen: I love these projects! I'm going to CASE your gift card enclosure cocoa pack for a craft night at a local hospital. So cute!!