Thursday, June 21, 2012

Time for some Cocktails!


I'm having a lil' Crafts and Cocktails party next Friday night and needed to come up with some little party favors to hand out.  I had noticed that Crystal Light had come out with some new drink flavors and thought I'd dream up something to do with those.  Not a problem...I used the colors in the packets themselves as inspiration.

 For this first one, I used my Silhouette to cut out a fancy library pocket type of thing....then I had to alter the dimensions.  I would have done this in the program itself, and I tried but couldn't figure it out and got too impatient.  So I just cut it down to the size I wanted.


I wrapped it with a piece of cardstock that I embossed with our Chevron EF.  Had to run it thru twice in two directions to make it go the entire length of the cardstock, but it worked. I layered on a doily that I created with my spanky new Delicate Doilies Die.  I almost didn't buy this die because the dimensions in the catty are WRONG!  I thought the largest doily was gonna be super small, but it is in fact a little over 3 inches in diameter!  Worth the purchase!!!!  YEAH!  I layered that with some more cardstock and stamped a margarita and fussy cut it out to layer on top.  In the end, this is a super cute little gift for someone.  Wouldn't ya say??  I'd love to receive this.  I'll give them out at my party - but I'm thinking a great hostess gift  or something....
And that leads me to my second little cocktail package:



I think I'm even more smitten with this one. A little more of my own collaboration.  No Silhouette here folks. Just some good ol' figure it out yourself....


I was inspired by a packet of Starbucks Via Coffee, but I had to do some major expansion for this one.  Those lil' coffee packets are, well, Little.  In the end, this one was just adorable.  Again, I used the packaging as inspiration for the colors.

Stamped and fussy cut a glass of mojito, embellished....

 Added a strip of cardstock cut with my new Finishing Touches Edgelits die - umm...I'm in love folks!  These dies are great!

And when you open the cuteness up:

 

Viola! Treasure awaits! I coulda duded up the inside flap a little more, but again, I was getting impatient!  And kids were whining for my attention.  With all that whining, I just couldn't help but wonder when 5 o'clock was going to be here!  I was salivating for a mojito!

With that being said....I'm going to go check my cupboards to see if I've got a lil' sometin, sumtin to put in these drinks!  Ta-Ta!!!

Happy Hour Margarita Pocket
InLinkz.com

Cheers! Mojito Pocket


2 comments:

Rita W said...

Absolutely adorable projects!

Cyndi G said...

Super cute Jen! Love the color combinations on both projects!