Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It's National Scrapbooking Month...right??


And guess what??? I've been scrapbooking. Just not for myself. I got hired to do some pages for my friend. Her niece is graduating, and they were putting together a scrapbook that the relatives were to contribute to, along with a letter to the Graduate with memories, etc. What a neat idea!
I will admit, it is a little tough to scrap other people's pictures, but it sure was fun! Really got me in the mood to scrap, however, I've got other work that needs to get done first.....graduation decor, Stamp Club projects, publication calls.....I just keep pluggin' away.

So - let me tell you a bit about these pages.... Like I said, each person's page was to contain a letter to the graduate about memories, etc. Do you see the letter on this page???

No?

Look again!

Did you see that tab at the top....I stuck it in there. The letter was too big, and would have consumed the whole page.




I wanted to keep the same feeling on my pull out as I did on the actual page, so repeated the chocolate scalloped edge, and added some flowers.



And you all know how I like dimension on my cards....same goes for scrapbooking.


Check out the sheen in the paper. THis paper is from the Sweet and Sour DSP. I really like that embossed flourish on here.





Here is the facing page. I continued the flowers and did you notice the actual stitching on there?


And that same flourish is on this side too, but turned.



Do you like? Do you ever scrapbook for someone else? Have you been scrapping this month? I'd like to hear what you've got going on. Leave some comment love would ya?

No comments: