Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sale-A-Brate! With Botanical Blooms

We made this card a couple of weeks ago at a workshop. The hostess wanted something with flowers. I had the Botanical Blooms stamp set from the Sale-A-Bration catty, but hadn't even mounted. I wasn't even sure that I would mount it. You see, I'm not a huge floral person. I have 2 boys, well, three if you include my husband. We don't have much for flowers around the house. Except on the outside. Aaaaanyway! So, the hostess loves flowers. I mounted the set and decided to give it a whirl....you know what? I loved it! This set is so stinkin' cute, and this card I came up with is too! I may not be able to use this set for the boys' scrapbook pages, but it was so nice to get in touch with my inner feminine side. Here's the card:



I really am in love with these new cordorouy buttons(this going gray color will soon be released). Did you know, if you use a mini glue dot to adhere the button to your card (or scrapbook page) the likelihood of the button coming off are very slim. Even when you send it thru the mail.

And I actually used pink on a card too! Can you believe it? AND NO RIBBON!!! *gasp* I think I was running a fever or something when I did this one! Cute - eh?
Recipe:
Stamps: Botanical Blooms
Paper: Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Urban Garden DSP
Ink: Baha Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Pink Pirouhette
Accessories: Going Gray Cordorouy Buttons (coming soon), hemp twine

No comments: