Thursday, June 5, 2008

So, I needed to come up with something for my "cousin" Ben and his upcoming wedding. (He's really my step-dad's cousin) I haven't actually seen their house, but I was told that the colors were neutral. I stuck pretty neutral, but needed some splash of color for this name frame that I came up with. I hope they like it. I'll have to miss the wedding and celebration due to another family obligation. (Weekend trip with Andy's side of the family - our annual family trip.) Please don't mind the finger prints in the first photo - and yes, I did wipe them off before they went in the gift bag!


The paper was from a retired Simply Scrappin' Kit - At Home. The kit now called Home Again is virtually the same - just new colors. I think I like the browns and greens better... just a personal opinion. I used the Taffy Alphabet and Taffy Numbers set, Hodgepodge Hardware in Antique Brass. (which btw, will retire in August - just a quick heads up and forewarning. I'm thinking that SU! will come out with a reconfigured Hodgepodge set more along the lines of the Styled Silver set that is found in the mini - *crossing fingers...and toes!!!*)



At first I wasn't overly excited with the way it turned out the way that I sometimes am after completing a project. You know, like when I crank my arm around so that I can pat myself on the back....but, after I saw it on the wall, I was much more impressed with myself than I was initially. Now I'm loving myself!

No comments: