Sunday, September 4, 2016

Creation Station: Holiday Catalog Faves!




Happy Sunday everyone!  It's the first Sunday of the month and we know what that means!!!  Time to hop along with the Creation Station!  This month we are highlighting our Holiday Catalog favorites. 

I have a really quick project to start you off....



I happen to love these Petite CafĂ© Bags.....they are perfect for small and even large treats.  Plus, they are so easy to decorate - my kids can help with these for Halloween treats at school.  For today's project I used the Spooky Fun Bundle.  I can imagine a lot of ways that I can use these dies for some great Halloween Packaging. 

I doubled up my Rich Razzleberry tree, because I wanted to be able to bend the branches to make it pop off the project in a 3D way.  Doubling the cardstock gave it more staying power.  I popped up all the layers with Stampin' Dimensionals to create more depth.  Doesn't the pattern of the Halloween Night DSP look like a night sky?  You could easily add some ribbon to the top and a cute little tag if you wanted to jazz this up even more - or to personalize it a bit more.  I wanted to keep this simple tho - especially if I want my kids to be able to help with this for school....


My next project is this little ditty.....


Many of you know that I've been transitioning over to a sign making business - The Old White Shed (you can find me on Instagram and Etsy).  This is one that I'll be creating for Christmas
 I used felt for the branches and pinecones and die cut using the Pretty Pines Thinlits.  You'll want to use some fabric stiffener on the felt first as it's too delicate for the dies.  The dies are too intricate - trust me - the felt will just fall apart if you don't use the stiffener.  I love the fact that I can use Stampin' Up! products for my signs too - it's wonderfully versatile that way.  I often use our dies to create flowers and leaves - whether I use them for my signs or banners, etc.   I also used some of our mini jingle bells for berries.....they were the perfect size.

http://www.becreativewithnicole.com/?p=11259&preview=true

http://thecraftyoinkpen.blogspot.com/2016/09/creation-station-blog-hop-autumnwinter.html



7 comments:

janetgallion@gmail.com said...

Yeah, you're back. I check your site each day and have missed your amazing ideas.

Mikaela Titheridge said...

Fabulous creations Jen. I love the pick up truck particularly x

Sara Levin said...

Great color combo on the treat bag and your sign is a hit!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Fabulous ideas!!! The truck is really gorgeous and great way to show additional uses for the die cuts.

Denita Wright-Smee said...

How gorgeous are your creations, Jen? They are both amazing, and I especially love the truck. D x

Kimberly said...

Oh my gosh... the truck with the pines. SO SO clever. Love your projects my friend. XOXO

kkstamper said...

I love the Halloween treat bag--it's adorable! But I adore the pines on your painted truck--genius! xoKathyxo