Sunday, April 19, 2015

Creation Station: Chalkboard Paper!



Hey!!!  Time for a Creation Station hop today!  Today's focus is on the Crazy About You stamp set, a Graduation theme, and our Chalkboard Paper.  
I've created my projects with the Chalkboard paper and did create one Grad themed card.....


This one is kinda fun....I love to create brightly colored cards for those teen graduates, and I think this one can go for boys or girls.....

I used our Chalk inks for both the background and the Congrats sentiment.  I love the way that the ink stays true to color when stamped on colored cardstock.  That yellow really pops on the Smoky Slate cardstock. 


What makes this one fun is the mini file folder that you can tuck some money or a gift card into.  Of course your recipient needs to be smart enough to realize there is a little gift in there!!!!

My next card uses the chalkboard paper but I softened the look of it up a bit.  


I used the flowers from Perpetual Birthday stamp set to create the background (that's also where the stars came from on the previous card!)  I used the chalk ink again for the Coral Rose flowers and the gray ones are Smoky Slate.  I wanted to pull the black from the sentiment layer into the card, but in a softer way.  I also tied the black in by creating a layer behind the Very Vanilla panel, but just letting the black barely peek out.

I stamped the sentiment in the same chalk ink and added some Blushing Bride flowers.

In the end, I love how this card turned out.  


Alright.....go ahead and see what the other designers have up their crafty sleeves.....




post signature

1 comment:

kkstamper said...

I love these cards and I especially love that the recipient has to be "smart enough" to figure out there is a little gift hidden there! The wedding card is super cute!!!