Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Watercolored Corner Garden - Stampin' Up!


Hi-ya! I've been on a watercolor kick here lately.  And I'm loving it!

I've had aqua painters for years, just don't know what I've been waiting for....they are so easy to use.  

For this card, I embossed the image with white embossing powder first.  Then I used the ink pads to pick up the ink to color with.  This was very simple - I could go over the entire flower, and not worry about the embossed part, because the embossing resists the ink.  Then I could go back and add more ink for shading, etc.  I have to remind myself that watercoloring doesn't need to be absolutely perfect.


What do you think of the watercolor trend?  Are you using this technique a lot too?  Would love to here - leave me a comment....




Product List

post signature

1 comment:

Smiles, Laurie said...

gorgeous, Jen! Love the watercolouring and this is lovely embossed in the white!