Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Letterpress Winter - How to add interest with Blendabilities



Ever feel like you are stuck in a rut?  

Me?  Yes - In more ways than one lately!  I've been a quiet blogger - or how about a non-existent one.....Honestly, I typically did most of my blogging after the kids went to bed at night.  And lately, as soon as I sit down at the end of the day, I might start up the laptop, and I'm soon falling asleep.  YES!  I can fall asleep in the middle of typing a blog post....it's happened several times!  So, I'm going to try out a new little schedule and see if that works a little better.  

Afterall....I do miss interacting with everyone out in blogland and miss hearing your comments.  Most of all tho - I miss inspiring you!

But I'm back with a card that breaks the mold - hopefully!  

Speaking of ruts....while I really like this Letterpress Winter set, there isn't a LOT you can do with it.  Maybe it's just me?  I find it kind of limited.  

Here's something out of the ordinary tho that I came up with.  (We did this several months ago at one of my Blendabilities classes)


While the snowflake itself isn't your typical line art made for coloring, I decided to treat it as tho it was. 
I heat embossed the snowflake image in Whisper White and then colored in and around the nooks and crannies with the lightest of the Coastal Cabana Blendies.  Then I took the darkest shade and went just a teensy bit around the edges....barely at all.  I followed that with the medium shade, and again, just a teensy bit, and only pulled it away from the dark shade slightly.  One bit of warning when coloring on colored cardstock (as opposed to Whisper White or Very Vanilla).  You'll want to let each color really dry before adding the next shade.  This cardstock tends to bleed easier than WW.  I finished up with my lightest shade again and blended the two darker shades together.
I felt like this really added some dimension and, well. Color. to the snowflake.  

What do you think?  Does it pop?



Online Class - Envelope Punch Board Class
Create 5 boxes! Not envelopes!  Using the EPB!


post signature

No comments: