Sunday, May 18, 2014

Creation Station: Work of Art, Blast Off and all things Twine!


Hey there!  It's time for another group posting from the Creation Station Design Team!  Be sure to welcome Sara Levin and Heidi Boos this round!  They will be regular contributors - and they do amazing work. (that's kinda why I picked them to join us!)

This week the Design Team and I are working with a lot of new items, but mainly:

1) Work of Art Stamp Set
2) Blast Off Stamp Set (retiring)
3) Tied up with Twine - creative uses for Twine!

Alrighty - come on into the Creation Station:



For this one, I used the circle image from Work of Art and stamped it  like it was confetti falling {can you say trendy??}  I used three of our new In Colors - Blackberry Bliss, Lost Lagoon, and Hello Honey.  And I hate to admit this, but I think I have a newfound love of PURPLE!  Specifically Blackberry Bliss.  Such a pretty shade of purple, and I know it makes people like Cindy G. glad to hear me say such things!  


For the twine, I colored it with my new Blendabilities Markers.  The bonus here is that the twine dried almost instantly.  I tried this at first with our regular markers. It doesn't work as slick as with Blendabilities.  I ended up with purple fingers and the first die cut piece I tried to tie my twine to ended up with a LOT of purple smudges.  May I recommend using Blendabilities to "die" your twine!  You can see I also tied it to the die cut piece like you would a tag - on both sides.  Then adhered the ends to the back using Fast Fuse - this is some great new adhesive.  There is a trick to using it. It comes with some directions (thank goodness!), and with a little practice......The stuff is sticky - which is GREAT!

Let's move on to my next card.....


I was in dire need of some Graduation Cards.....are you seeing a theme?

This one uses the chevron image from Work of Art as a background stamp.  And instead of really showcasing the watercolor effect these stamps have, I think the looks a little more grungy - perfect for a teen graduate!  I think you'll want to use a Stamp-a-ma-jig - it makes lining things up MUCH easier!

The card base is Tangelo Twist, and the tag is Bermuda Bay - I think they make a great combo!  That sentiment is from Bravo!  This is a great!!! sentiment set - and the sentiments are large!

As you can see, I stitched with my twine.  This was actually quite easy.  I went around the edge of my Crumb Cake layer with the Essentials Piercing guide, and pierced every other hole in the guide. Then, I simply stitched it with a needle and white twine!

Ready for some more goodness?


Ok....I'm gonna warn you now!  I'm in love with our new Blendabilities!  IN LOVE!!!  Forever I've been wanting to purchase some Copic Markers.  But.  They. are. so. expensive.  

Our Blendabilities are reasonably priced.  3 of them for 11.95 (US).  Compared to the single $7-8 Copic - I think this is FANTASTIC!  And now I feel like I'm coloring like a pro!

That's what I used to color these gals from the In This Together set.  I pulled in the Work of Art set by using the skinnier streak image for the "rain" - well....here it looks like a downpour!  But I'm cool with that!

I also pulled in some new DSP - this comes from the Moonlight Paper Stack.  Once again, I colored my twine with a Blendabilities marker - this one of the Coastal Cabana colors.

Alright....one more card!


This time I stuck with Work of Art - sentiment and all.  First I heat embossed the sentiment with clear embossing powder, then stamped some of the images over the top using Lost Lagoon and Hello Honey.  
Yeah - my Lost Lagoon streak looks a little funny.  I tried to rolled the ends in a darker ink color.  I need to do a little more practice.  It really left a line.  I think the new(er) style ink pads aren't as friendly to the rock and roll technique.  (If you have tips....let me know in the comments! PLEASE!!!)

As you can see - where the Hello Honey and Lost Lagoon meet over the sentiment, they turn green....yellow and blue make....green!  It's probably more noticeable here because I had to use a sponge dauber to push the color into the areas around the embossed sentiment.  It's raised enough that the ink doesn't get down around the sentiment onto the paper.  
I pulled in some DSP from that Moonlight Paper Stack again, and some arrows in Lost Lagoon from the Chevron Border punch.

Well....that's all from me today!  Go on to the next blog to see what Ilina has come up with - something amazing I know!  Or head back to Justin's blog to be inspired by his awesomeness!


              





Learn to create your own embossing paste, make your own stencils, and lots more!


New Online Class - Envelope Punch Board Class
Create 5 boxes! Not envelopes!  Using the EPB!


post signature

7 comments:

Teneale Williams said...

WOW! WOW Like WOW! You have rocked this stamp set and twine. I REALLY love the first card!

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Jen,
These are fabulous projects! You really rocked that chevron background. LOVE the colors on that one!

Deborah Smart said...

I love your colour combinations, Jen! I'm definitely going to use my Blendabilities to colour the twine - thanks for sharing the great idea!

Jennifer Downey said...

You are right, confetti is very trendy right now and I LOVE your rendition of it! And using the long narrow stamp from Work of Art for rain - ingenious! Thanks for sharing!

Sara Levin said...

Love the distressed circles and color combination in your first card. Though the others have my wheels turning.

Jenn said...

Adore the confetti background you created. What gorgeous colours! I'm also super keen now to get a hold of the blendabilities. Your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing Jen.

Heidi Boos said...

Jen, I am LOVING the party "confetti" on your first card. Your work with the Blendabilities is beautiful...can't wait to try them out soon! Thanks again for heading up such a fun team of stampers!

~Heidi at Stuck on Stampin'