Hey there friends! I've got a new series I'd like to share with you today.... Three Way Thursdays!
No....don't read into that in any other way other than stamping!!! I just couldn't come up with another name that conveyed what I was doing here. I mean, Threesome Thursday would have been worse!!! *chuckle*
In this series, I'll be showing you three different cards/projects using one stamp set. Hopefully it will help YOU to reach out and find other things to do with your stamp sets, give you more inspiration, etc.
This week, I decided to use the Countless Sayings 2 set. It's pretty versatile itself, since it's made up of mostly words.
The first card I created:
1) Create your opening in the top Basic Gray layer, then mark that area on your card base.
2) Stamp the "Happy" sentiment on the card base and also on a piece of designer paper. Trim the designer paper and glue on top of the card base. Stamp "Birthday" in Gumball Green.
3) Emboss the Basic Gray piece. Add strips of Bermuda Bay that have been die cut with the Finishing Touches Edgelits. Adhere to card front.
This one works great for the male recipients in your life. It's not too girly - I left off the bows and buttons that I had thought of using. Which, in turn, also makes this a good mailer! However, add some ribbon and you can "chic" this up in a jiffy!
Here's my second card:
This one exudes sweetness....wouldn't you say?
1) Create card base from Melon Mambo.
2) Stamp "Sweet" with versamark and heat emboss with White Embossing Powder. Stamp "You're So" above sweet in Island Indigo.
3) Draw a light pencil line across the center of the "Sweet". Trim off the bottom portion.
4) Use a Melon Mambo marker to fill in the wide areas of the word sweet.
5) Adhere a piece of designer paper from Gingham Garden to the back of the card front. Attach a strip of Delicate Details Lace Tape to the bottom of the DSP.
6) Add a bow to the top using Daffodil Delight Seam Binding.
Now send this to someone Sweet!!!
Okay - last card for the day:
For this card, I married the Countless Sayings set with the Mosaic Madness set.
1) Create card base from Basic Gray.
2) Stamp the Hugs, &, Kisses in Stazon Jet Black. The stamps are clear, so you can make them all look like they are connected because you can see where you are stamping!
3) Stamp the mosaic pattern - I used Bermuda Bay, Old Olive, Crisp Cantaloupe, and Pool Party. Stamp the border in Bermuda Bay.
4) Adhere to card front, add rhinestones!
This one could qualify for a masculine card too.... maybe omit the gems. Candy dots would be a good replacement.
What do you think? Do you ever struggle with what to do with a particular stamp set? Which one(s)? Leave me a comment - and I may just use that set in the future. If I do - I'll send you the cards that I create!
Learn to create your own embossing paste, make your own stencils, and lots more!
New Online Class - Envelope Punch Board Class
Create 5 boxes! Not envelopes! Using the EPB!
March Hostess Code: AXG44H2T
What is THIS all about?? It's a great way to earn free HOSTESS REWARDS without hosting a Private Class! Learn how to use the code here.