Sunday, February 17, 2013

TGIS!!!!! ...a Dress Form day!

That's right - TGIS....Thank Goodness it's SUNDAY!  Why?  Because it's the first day in 2 weeks that I haven't had a ton to do, places to be, and things to prep for!  Although, as I write this, I'm ready to head out the door for church, and there is a Fireman's Supper tonight to attend.  (Which means I don't have to cook!)

I've missed being here on the blog-o and inspiring you.  So let me share with you one of the most favorite cards that I did sit down and create earlier this week. (I have not stepped foot in my craft room since Tuesday! YIKES!)


I am so pleased at the way this card came together.  I had it pictured in my head, the way that I wanted the dress to be.  And a lot of times when I picture something, I just can't get it down on paper.  This time, it worked just the way I'd imagined, and I love it when that happens.

If I were to name this card, it would be A Wedding at Tiffany's!  Before I glued the flowers to the dress, I embossed the top portion with Vintage Wallpaper Embossing folder.  It was overly simple without the embossing, so I went with it, and repeated that theme on the bottom portion of the card.  First, tho, I cut the bottom of the card with the Adorning Accents die, then embossed it with the coordinating folder.  I thought it helped soften that edge up a bit.

I left a sentiment off the front of the card.  In fact it's still blank inside too.  I think it would make a super sweet card for a bridal shower.  What do you think?  Would you put a sentiment on the outside, or is it good as is?  How about the blue area?  Do I need something stamped on it - like a background pattern as I did in this post?  I'd love to know what you'd do!  Leave me a comment with feedback!

post signature

9 comments:

Lesley said...

Awesome way to use those rosettes Jen! Love this card!

Cyndi G said...

I really like this card Jen and I love the pearl necklace! Too Cute! My vote is to not put a sentiment on the front, but I would definitely play around with the blue space. Maybe a flourish or simple floral image stamped in the Illuminate ink or stamped off using the same color of ink as your cardstock ... is that Pool Party? Even a spritz of Shimmer Spray might be enough ...

Eileen Lang said...

I love your card. Great use of the Flower Trim. Really pretty and elegant.

Josie Cox said...

Jen found your site from pinterest and just loved this card. I think I would put a small sentiment Best wishes on the blue at an angle. I see you sell stamping up,do you take orders from people over your site like with pay pal?

Unknown said...

@ Josephine Cox - you can contact me using the Contact Me Tab at the top of the page! Would be thrilled to help you out!

Tonya Denton said...

I have seen soooo many cards using this die and they have all been just so awesome! But this one . . . it's just to "die" for! Pardon the pun! LOL! I have refrained from buying this one but I don't know . . . I think your card just pushed me a but further to the brink of buying it!! I LOVE your card!! It's a "well dressed" card if you ask me! :)

Davi said...

A beautiful card and so creative! Gave me some ideas for used this die set I just got :)

Anonymous said...

I love this card - found it on pinterest as well. I would leave it blank [for now]. It could be for a bridal shower as you mentioned or a wedding. It is just divine. I used to make these rosettes with left over scraps of organza ribbon. Great idea, now just need someone to get married in the extended family ;)

Jana said...

This is gorgeous. You did an amazing job. My daughter is getting married in September. This has me thinking.