No, I don't really want it to snow....yet. Give me 2 months and I'll tell you otherwise. However, yesterday when I was sitting at Will's soccer game, I was pretty sure it was cold enough to snow. It left me chilled for most of the day and I was thrilled when I could throw on my "snuggly pants" and a long sleeved t and a sweatshirt!!! I do love this time of year when I can hunker down in my comfy clothes. Ahh...
The real reason for my "Let it Snow" card - it's Paper Player time! This week Ann has drawn up a delightful sketch:
From the moment I saw the sketch I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it - turn it on it's side!
I've been coloring several of these images while waiting for soccer practice, so had them colored up but not sure what to do with them yet. So when I saw Ann's sketch...I knew this image would fit perfectly in there. Now, that being said....it doesn't mean that this card came together very fast for me. I would have thought that since I came in with a plan, and since my image was already colored, it would have been a 10 minute card. Nope. No-sir-ee. This card took me for.ev.er! I knew what dsp (from Festival of Prints) I wanted. But wasn't sure what to do for the strips. I searched thru my stashes and this ribbon from last Christmas season spoke to me. Then, I wanted to set the sled image off - and decided that I wanted some little scallops behind it - so I started punching with my dotted ribbon scallop punch and realize that it's pretty well worn out. I won't punch anymore in the center of the punch. But one edge punches wonderfully. So. Because I am the way I am...I just kept using that one end of the punch until I got it. Yeah....a little frustrating. But I did it. (have I ever described myself as determined?) Don't worry - I threw the punch away and ordered myself a new one. It's been so overworked between classes, clubs and workshops, I knew it was plain worn out. I tried many times to sharpen and lubricate it with aluminum and wax paper....
So, after spending way too much time punching enough to go around the image panel, I came to the conclusion that it would not be a good idea to try this technique around the DSP as I initially planned. I went with a simple and plain mat.
The rest went together pretty good. Although, I wish I'd picked a bigger snowflake. ( I used the retired Northern Flurry Strip Die.) I used a two way glue pen and Dazzling Diamonds to glitter that little guy up. It just doesn't show up as much as I'd planned. However, I'm quite please with the results in the end.
Now - go see what the rest of the talented design team came up with - but don't forget to play along with The Paper Players this week!
The Paper Players Design Team