Monday, February 13, 2012

Makeover Monday Week 6!



I know, I KNOW!!!  You've all been chomping at the bit wondering where my Makeover Monday card is!  You are liking this series - right???

Well, I've got to keep this short and sweet - I've got Valentine's that need finishing up - just a mere 40 of them.  UGH!  I've been so swamped, I had to put them off til today.  Thanks Goodness for my Silhouette!  It cut them all while I whipped up the card for today!

So here is today's card from Dawn McVey:

I alway in awe of her color choices, her bold style, and she throws it all together in a simplified way!  Swoon....
Here is the card I created using only SU products! :


The flower and hello come to you from the Posy Punch set, doily is from Hello Doily and the leaves are from Build a Blossom.  I was disappointed in the way my edging turned out on the white piece.  I used the Labels Framelit dies and the flower covered up the point.  I could have used the edgelits, but it wasn't going to show much either. OH well.  Lesson learned.  I think I would use the decorative label punch next time to come up with a squiggly edge.



Oh - in case your are wondering - that layer behind the flower - ya, it's SU too!!!  Just the 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch and then I notched each scallop.  nifty huh???  I love the way that turned out.  A little more up to date than a plain scallop.

Whaddya think?  I'd love to hear - your comments keep me motivated!

No comments: