Sunday, January 31, 2010

Beginning of Wedding Week.....

Alrighty peeps! Now that the Bridal Fail is over, I can post my creations for you to see!!! In other words, I spent all of last week creating, and very little time on the techie stuff - blogging, (did you notice?), my Etsy shop, etc, etc!!! So, I hope you don't get tired of seeing wedding stuff this week!

First up is a square ensemble that I CASED from the Stampin' Success magazine that all Stampin' Up! Demonstrators receive. I didn't have any dimensions, so just kinda "wung" it!!! The save the date card and invitation both will fit inside a Medium Square Envie that Stampin' Up! sells....
Going a little backwards here - this is the wedding program I came up with. I used the same image that is on the save the date and invite, except, I put it on vellum, and heat embossed it using clear EP. The strip of vellum is also a continuous theme throughout the ensemble. I would also continue with the vellum on any favors, thank you notes, etc.
The program opens with the ceremony info on the front, and the wedding party on the second page. A third page could easily be added if it was needed.
Here is the outside of the save the date card. The vellum strip slides off and the card can be opened.

And here is the outside of the invitation. I've repeated the square image that was on the save the date, along with the vellum. Here I added Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon.
This is the opened invite. The left side has a pocket for your reception card, directions, response card, or what ever extra you need to include. On the right is the invitation wording.
All of the stamped images are from the Wedding Sweet stamp set. Most are stamped and heat embosssed using clear embossing powder. All of the wording was printed using My Digital Studio. I love that option because it coordinates perfectly with Stampin' Up's cardstock. I don't have to try and guess what color is going to match.
One thing to remember when creating your own invitations and such, use GOOD QUALITY cardstock. This is really important even when printing the wording from your own printer - the better the cardstock, the more professional your invite will look. My printer is an average printer, and yet when I print on Stampin' Up's Whisper White or Very Vanilla, it looks like I sent them off to a professional printer. I did have to let the ink dry good before handling them; even so, the look wonderful in real life!!
So, what are your favorite wedding colors? I'd love to hear....leave me a comment!!
Thanks for stopping by! I'll have more for you tomorrow!
Jen







1 comment:

Cyndi G said...

Just an FYI for everyone ... I saw Jen and her samples at the Bridal Fair in Denison yesterday. Her wedding collection is beautiful and as always, Jen's work is meticulous ... very, very nice.