Saturday, October 17, 2009

Light up my day!

So, anyone notice the new blog banner up above? It's one of the MANY, MANY, MANY things you can do with Stampin' Up's new My Digital Studio. You don't have to scrapbook to want this amazing software. There are SO many things that you can do with the program! You can make DVD's and even set them to music, you can make Calendars (great Christmas gifts for those hard to buy for people!), you can embellish your blog (!), make photo books, cards, stationary, and well, of course scrapbook pages. Plus, you can edit your photos, much like Photoshop, but easier! It's very impressive, and the price isn't out of line either. There are tons of fonts included, over 30 stamp sets, lots of embellishments, like buttons, brads, ribbon, stitching, staples, die cut stickers. It also includes a bunch of Designer Series Paper, Card Stock colors, ink colors (which you can "stamp off", or change to opacity of - you can do that with the paper too!). I'm telling you, Stampin' Up! thought of everything when they developed this software. I don't know of anything they could have added to make it better. Oh, and periodically they will (and have already) release additional digital downloads for you to add. These are extremely reasonable pricewise. Want to know more? Email me, and I'll send you some info.

Now, onto our regularly scheduled program:

My Stamp Club members are making this really cool luminary this month:


I got the idea from the Stampin' Success magazine that Stampin' Up! Demonstrators receive. There was a Halloween example in there. I don't necessarily decorate for Halloween, so I adapted this for Fall, and also did a Winter example with snowflakes. These are quite simple to make - a little time consuming cutting out all of the pumpkins, leaves and gourds, but that was fine by me, as I was happy with the results in the end. The vellum inserts are stamped with White Craft Ink and really show up once you light a candle inside.



My Denison Stamp Club discussed making these larger. I hope someone creates one, because I think they would be really neat - especially clustered on a table together with different sizes!
Well, that's it for today, but don't fret - I'll be back tomorrow with more!
Jen

No comments: